Dropbox is a leading personal cloud storage provider. You'll need to connect Arkiver to a Dropbox account before adding any moments because all the photos, videos, notes and quotes you add to Arkiver are saved to your Dropbox, not our servers. This gives you control over them and you can back them up how often you want to wherever you want. You can create a Dropbox account with 2GB of storage for free. If you'd like to learn more about what Dropbox is click here.
1) When you first navigate to the "Add Moment" screen, you'll be asked to connect to Dropbox: Click "Connect to Dropbox".
2) If you don't already have a Dropbox account, click the "Create an account" link at the bottom.
3) Enter your information in the fields provided, check "I agree to Dropbox terms" and then "Create Account".
4) Select a Dropbox Plan (Dropbox Basic is the free one with 2 GB of space).
4) Follow the instructions on your screen to run the Dropbox installer to install Dropbox on your computer (this provides the connection between your computer and your Dropbox files).
5) Navigate back to Arkiver.com and Log In. Click the "+" button at the top right to go to the Add Moment screen and click "Connect to Dropbox". This time you'll be asked to Allow ArkiverApp to access files and folders in your Dropbox. Click "Allow".
6) That's it! You can start adding moments to Arkiver and you won't have to go through these steps ever again!